pier in Helsingborg is reserved for sportfishing and is managed only by the Västhamnen Sportfishing Society´s administration. Entering the pier requires membership in the club or a one day card issued by the above organisation.
The organisation´s security and rules must always be obeyed. Breaking the rules can result in fine/penalty,
eviction and police/notification.
Order from staff/responsible
for the activity should always be obeyed.
Safety rules, It is forbidden to
• Ride your bike or any other vehicle on the pier.
Parking in the bicyclestand at the entrance of the pier (except handicap vehicle).
• Using “sillhäckla” on your rod when moving your bicycle, moped or any other vehicle.
• To stand or sit on the wall when fishing.
• To stand on the outside of the concrete
• To use
lifesaving equipment for anything else except saving lives.
• To light a fire on the pier.
• To stand on the garbage cans.
• Use of sea
rig for herring when fishing for garpike.
• Vandalizing or destroying the establishment and its belongings.
Rules of Order
• Fishing must be done with responsibility.
• Show good judgement!
• Put caught fish in bag or vessel.
• Caught fish may not be kept directly
on the pier.
line, hooks and other equipment in your box.
• No material may lay loose on the pier.
• All rubbish shall be thrown in the intended garbage cans. Nothing can be thrown on the pier.
• All children under 10 years of age shall wear safety wests on the pier.
• All cleaning of fish on the pier is strictly forbidden.
• It is prohibited to occupy space for other fishermen.
• Every bridge shall provide space for
• It is prohibited to fish with more than one rod at a time.
• Cod that are less than 50 cm may not be kept, must be thrown back into the sea.
• Sea trout that are less than 50
cm may not be kept, must be thrown back into the sea.
• Salmon that are less than 60 cm may not be kept, must be thrown back into the sea.
• Flatfish that are less than 27 cm may not be kept, must be thrown back into the sea.
• Saithe is the minimum size of 30 cm
When fishing is not allowed
During the period 15/9 – 31/12, fishing of salmon and sea trout is not allowed.
The gate to the Västhamns pier is open at: 05:00 to 23:00.
These rules have been worked out in cooperation between Västhamnens Sportfishing Society and Helsingborgs Hamn